Life & Health Insurance
Group Life is a benefit policy taken out by the employer in respect of his employees and in some cases on the dependant family members of the employees.
The aim of this policy is to provide the employees and their dependants various financial benefits in the event of sudden death or disability.
Benefits available under Group Life Insurance:
- Natural death only (or)
- Accidental death (or)
- Death by any cause.
In the event of death of the Insured person, the principal sum insured in respect of that person is paid.
- Permanent total disability
- Permanent partial disability
In the event of permanent total or partial disablement following an accident or sickness an amount equivalent to/percentage of Principal Sum Insured is paid to the Insured.
- Temporary Total Disability
In the event of temporary total disability following an accident or sickness a weekly indemnity for a period of 52/104 weeks is paid to the insured member.
- Repatriation expenses up to a maximum limit of RO 1,000/-
- Medical expenses due to an accident.
Section I – Group Life Benefits
The Group Life Insurance excludes the following happenings:
- Participation in active war or war-like operations.
- Nuclear fission, nuclear fusion or radioactive contamination only.
Section II – Disability Benefits
The Group Life Insurance coverage is not applicable in the following instances:
- Intentionally self-inflicted injuries and attempted suicides whether sane or insane, gross negligence, and violation of law.
- Abuse of drugs, alcohol and medication other than prescribed by a physician.
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities or war like operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, mutiny, civil commotions assuming the proportions of or amounting to a popular rising, military rising, insurrection, rebellion, military or usurped power or any act of any person acting on behalf of or in connection with any Government or to the influencing of it by terrorism or violence.
- Injury caused by nuclear fission, nuclear fusion or radioactive contamination or by the member engaged in or taking part in any naval, military or air force operations. However this exclusion will not apply to nuclear/radioactive exposure incidental to the insured's business.
- Disability arising from AIDS or Sexually Transmitted Disease.
- Participation or training for any dangerous or hazardous sport or competition or riding or driving in any form of race or competition.
- Aviation gliding or any other forms of aerial flight other than as a fare-paying passenger of a recognized airline or charter service.