This Insurance is intended for industrial, manufacturing and business concerns that periodically draw/deposit from/to Banks or other sources large sums of money for their business transactions. This policy provides an indemnity in respect of loss of money during transit.
Essentially money would mean coins, bank notes, cheques, bank drafts, bills of exchange, postal orders, money orders, current unused postage stamps and revenue stamps and the like.
Money insurance is an ‘All Risks’ cover except for specified exclusions.
Tailor-made policies can also be designed suited to the specific requirements of the group within the overall framework of the Policy Benefits.
Scope of Cover
The cover is available for ‘money’ against all risks whilst:
- It is in transit from premises to bank and vice versa
- This policy can also be extended to cover
- Money in safe in office premises
- Money at counter/till during working hours
- Money in safe after business hours
- Money in the care and custody of company’s designated staff
- Damage to safe/strong room
- PA cover for designated staff who carry cash
- Personal effects of designed staff who carry cash
Following are the main exclusions under the policy:
- Fraud/theft/dishonesty by own employees
- Money out of safe during non-working hours
- Loss from premises following use of a key unless key is obtained by violence or threat
- shortages due to errors of omission
- War and nuclear risks/riot and civil commotion/sabotage and terrorism/ionising radiation
- Shortages found during inventory
- Interruption of business/consequential loss of any kind