Safety and reliability of products are an important concern to consumers, sellers and manufacturers. Faulty products can be hazardous for the consumers’ health and property. The manufacturer/seller of the faulty product could be held liable for such damages, exposing them to financial losses.’ Product Liability Insurance protects the companies exposed to above risk by financially assisting policyholders in such situations.
Scope of Cover
Broadly this policy covers:
- Legal liability of the Insured towards damages to the Third Party arising due to faulty products manufactured / sold by the insured, liability with respect to:
- Accidental Death
- Bodily Injury or disease
- Loss or Damage to property
- Legal costs and expenses incurred with the prior consent of the Insurer and within the limit of indemnity.
- Product efficacy
- Product Recall
- Pure Financial Loss
- Terrorism, war, riot, strike, and civil commotion
- Any professional service deficiency
- Personal injuries such as libel, slander
- Fines, penalties and punitive or exemplary damages