Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
This is an “All Risks” policy and the Company indemnifies the insured as under:
Section 1 – Against Own Damage
The Company undertakes to indemnify the insured for loss of or damage sustained by the insured vehicle, its accessories and spare parts whilst thereon:
- By accident or accidental collision or overturning consequent upon mechanical breakdown or consequent upon wear and tear.
- By fire, external explosion, self ignition, lightning or thunderbolt.
- By flood, storm, tempest and cyclone.
- By burglary, house breaking or theft.
- By malicious act of any third party.
- Whilst being in transit (including the process of loading and unloading incidental to such transit) by road, rail, inland waterway, lift or elevator, relating to the said transportation.
Section 2 – Against Third Party Liability (Compulsory)
By Law it is mandatory for every vehicle to have Third Party Liability Insurance. The company shall compensate the insured in the event of accident caused by or arising out of the use of the motor vehicle subject to the limits specified in this policy, against all sums which the insured shall become legally liable to pay as compensation for:
- Death or bodily injury to any person including the passengers in the vehicles except the Insured or the driver at the time of the accident and their families spouse, parents and children and the employees of the insured if they are injured during work hours or as a result of their work.
- Damages for materials and property, except those owned by the insured or the driver at the time of the accident or property held in trust or in their custody or control.
- Expenses for treatment of injuries sustained by Third Parties as a result of the accident.
- Cost and expenses of medical institutions as per the rules and limits stated in the policy schedule.
- Cost resulting from the accident for protecting and transporting the vehicle to the nearest repair workshop.
- Amounts ruled by the Court (including compensation, judicial expenses, legal fees).
What is not payable under the policy?
The following are some of the exclusions under the policy for which the Company is not liable to pay in the event of an accident:
- Contractual liability
- War perils, nuclear perils
- Consequential loss, depreciation, wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Damage suffered due to driving the vehicle under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs.
- Claims arising outside the geographical area specified in the policy.
- Claims arising whilst the vehicle is used in contravention of the limitations as to use.
- Claims arising when the vehicle is driven by a person without valid driving licence at the time of accident.
- Loss or damage due to overloading or carrying of passengers in excess of permitted seating capacity.
Premium depends upon various factors viz., type, make, model, cubic capacity, usage, seating capacity, past claims history etc. of the vehicle.
A’Salamah is designed to provide you comprehensive insurance coverage. To balance your preferences for right cover at the right price, we offer two ranges of cover to choose from:
- A’Salamah Plus
- A’Salamah Super