Travel Insurance policy can be availed by any person travelling abroad alone or with his family.
Unexpected circumstances overseas could cause considerable financial loss and also derail your travel plans. Travel Insurance provides you the cushion to fall back upon during such contingencies.
The operative period of insurance commences from the time of leaving normal place of work or private residence whichever is last, during the period of travel and until return to normal place of work or private residence whichever is first.
There are two plans available under Travel Insurance scheme based on the place of travel.
Plan A: Worldwide excluding USA & Canada.
Plan B: Worldwide including USA & Canada.
Tailor-made policies can also be designed suited to the specific requirements of the group within the overall framework of the Policy Benefits.
Scope of Cover
- Medical & Emergency Expenses
- Personal Accident
- Hospital Benefits
- Loss of checked baggage
- Delay of checked baggage
- Loss of passport
- Personal liability
- Travel delay
- Cancellation and curtailment of journey
- Medical expenses not approved by our services provider “Speciality Assistance”.
- Cover in the country of residence.
- Claim arising out of pre-existing medical condition.
- Claim arising out of participation in hazardous sports and leisure pursuits or manual occupation.
- Wilful act of an insured person.
- War and warlike perils, terrorism and related risks.
- Any consequence attributable directly or indirectly to infection by HIV and/or HIV related illness.
- Insured engaging in illegal or criminal activity.
- Suicide or attempted suicide or wilful exposure to danger, mental disorder, stress or depression, venereal infection or the influence of or in connection with use of alcohol or drugs, unless as prescribed by a treating doctor.
- Excess in each section as mentioned in the Schedule of Benefits.